Our commitment to environmental stewardship
Sustainability. We serve the perfect shade of green
We pledge to be environmental stewards by working closely with clients and sustainability partners and vendors on concepts, products, and programs that meet your needs while protecting resources for future generations. Our Metz team readily embraces initiatives that enable you to uphold your organization’s standards for ethical responsibility, environmental stewardship, and healthy lifestyles.
Here’s a small sample of typical earth-friendly practices we are prepared to offer in concert with our clients’ philosophies.
In the food we serve:
- Source organic and locally produced foods to build seasonal menus around fresh, local produce and ingredients
- Offer hormone-free milk and fair-trade coffee and other options such as cage-free eggs
- Partner with local and state agencies to promote local products and companies
- Transition approximately 35% of meat-based meals to plant-based alternatives by 2025
In the way we prepare and serve food:
- Practice water and energy conservation by offering Energy Star equipment and conducting routine audits to identify opportunities to reduce output
- Use biodegradable food and beverage containers, napkins, and trash bags
- Offer reusable mugs, containers, and service ware
In the way we clean:
- Recycle cans, paper, and plastic as well as food scraps for composting
- Participate in programs that recycle cooking oils waste into biofuels
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning agents and recycled cleaning materials like mop heads made from recycled plastic with handles from renewable bamboo
Additionally, we continue to educate and train team members on environmentally friendly practices for work and home. And we’re committed to working with suppliers whose products and practices reflect the same mindset.
Metz partners with Leanpath to reduce food waste from dining facilities – both front and back of house. Leanpath’s food waste prevention platform allows us to meet guest’s needs without generating waste as a key part of our sustainability efforts.
Sign up to learn about the latest foodservice trends and get important updates on Metz Culinary Management programs and initiatives.