Corporate Chef/ Director of Culinary Development
Metz Culinary Management is looking for a corporate chef/director of culinary development which will be based at our corporate office in Dallas , PA. We are looking for a high -energy, self motivated professional who is a proven leader, searching for a company with tremendous opportunities and career development.
Metz Culinary Management has been in business since 1994 and has seen tremendous growth in the last few years and is anticipating more growth in the near future. We are currently ranked # 14 in American Top 50 contract management companies. Have business in 20 states and are identified as one of the Top 6 companies to watch in our industry.
- Serve as the primary culinary subject matter expert within Metz Culinary Management
- Track, respond, create, and communicate the latest culinary trends across all business divisions
- Lead and provide culinary support for all new business openings, new concepts, renovations, or as assigned
- Maintain nutrition and menu systems working closely with purchasing and dietitian team
- Lead menu development process collaborating with operations team to include seasonal menus, specialty menus, menu costing, ingredient selection, order guide maintenance, communication, and field support
- Oversee on-going recipe development, costing, testing, ingredient selection, and maintenance of order guides
- Work closely with the purchasing department to support product selection, support purchasing strategies, and policy procedures as part of the production process
- Provide specialized culinary and production education through workshops, hands-on & video-based training, web-based seminars, site visits and participation in operation meetings, district meetings and group meetings
- Support guest-driven innovation by translating guest needs into viable culinary and product solutions
- Lead, guide, support, and coach culinary support team in their activities
- Ensure that culinary support department is managed in a fiscally responsible manner
- Ensure that on-site culinary support personnel regularly measure guest satisfaction, listen to and react to guest requests
- Provide direction and assistance in the development and initiation of new systems for improved efficiency
- Provide communication among all stakeholders as it pertains to any foodservice operations and concerns
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of on-site culinary personnel at each location and help develop action plans for improvement
This position requires travel to different markets, having a direct impact on all of our 200+ locations. If you are looking for a company where you can showcase your pride and passion for food, look no further. Please upload your resume and cover letter for consideration. EOE.