A message from our President and CEO, Jeff Metz:
In light of concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19) by everyone, I am pleased to share with you how we are responding. Metz Culinary Management is currently taking steps to address and prevent the spread of COVID-19. While the virus’ spread is of great concern, there is still much we do not know. According to the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the most important thing we can do right now is plan and prepare.
I recognize that you are forming your own coronavirus response team to be in position to quickly and effectively respond, if needed. Please count your Metz on-site and corporate teams among your resources, and be assured that we stand ready to support the protocols that you formulate. In anticipation of the needs of you and our other client partners, we are:
- assembling a taskforce of representatives from each Metz service group to formulate action plans for all likely scenarios;
- collaborating with key suppliers, including US Foods, Ecolab, and Ecosure, to form a cohesive team and ensure that each member plays an effective part in supporting response efforts. These efforts may include: providing technical expertise on appropriate cleaning and sanitation practices, stockpiling critical supplies, maintaining timely deliveries and inspecting units;
- relaunching ServSafe training for our employees, adding a module on how COVID-19 spreads and essential steps (hand washing, glove use, personal hygiene);
- finalizing menu prep and service modifications for healthcare facilities that experience an active outbreak but must remain open; and
- creating our own COVID-19 response management team, headed by a coronavirus team leader who will liaison with the CDC to stay current with containment status, requirements and recommendations; provide leadership for our people; and coordinating needed personnel should outbreaks occur in the communities we serve.
As always, we look forward to providing the best service and value possible, be it through good times or unusually challenging ones. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out to your district manager or vice president directly. Please share this information with anyone on your team that you think would benefit from the information.
Jeff MetzPresident & CEO