Our commitment to environmental stewardship
Sustainability. We serve the perfect shade of green
We pledge to be environmental stewards by working closely with clients and sustainability partners and vendors on concepts, products, and programs that meet your needs while protecting resources for future generations. Our Metz team readily embraces initiatives that enable you to uphold your organization’s standards for ethical responsibility, environmental stewardship, and healthy lifestyles.
In the food we serve:
- Source organic and locally produced foods to build seasonal menus around fresh, local produce and ingredients
- Offer hormone-free milk and fair-trade coffee and other options such as cage-free eggs
- Partner with local and state agencies to promote local products and companies
- Transition approximately 35% of meat-based meals to plant-based alternatives by 2025
In the way we prepare and serve food:
- Practice water and energy conservation by offering Energy Star equipment and conducting routine audits to identify opportunities to reduce output
- Use biodegradable food and beverage containers, napkins, and trash bags
- Offer reusable mugs, containers, and service ware
In the way we clean:
- Recycle cans, paper, and plastic as well as food scraps for composting
- Participate in programs that recycle cooking oils waste into biofuels
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning agents and recycled cleaning materials like mop heads made from recycled plastic with handles from renewable bamboo
Additionally, we continue to educate and train team members on environmentally friendly practices for work and home. And we’re committed to working with suppliers whose products and practices reflect the same mindset.
The Humane Society of the United States ranks Metz 4th out of 40 which is an ‘A+’ on their Food Service Industry Protein Sustainability Scorecard. The scorecard ranks companies by their commitment to social responsibility of protecting the environment.
Metz Culinary Management & EVS
At Metz, enjoy a career in an exciting, fast-paced industry. As one of the fastest-growing leaders in the industry, we continually seek talented and dedicated individuals who share our commitment to excellence. If you have a passion for dining management and facility services, we invite you to join our team.
Work in a place that lives to celebrate friends, family, and the best times in life. Front of House, Back of House, Restaurant Management, and Support Center Staff - we have many opportunities for advancement, outstanding benefits, and competitive pay. Join us and build a fun, fulfilling career at TGI Fridays'.
Whatever your role at Ruth’s Chris Steak House Wilkes-Barre, our goal is to be the best job you’ve ever had, working among the best in the business. Explore current opportunities to become a part of our elite team at Mohegan Pennsylvania.
Sign up to learn about the latest foodservice trends and get important updates on Metz Culinary Management programs and initiatives.