“Wow, That Tastes Really Good!”
Many people want to make better eating decisions for their health and the planet but don’t know where to start. With busy schedules, it’s easy to revert to fast-food selections because they are easy to get and taste good.
What Is Stealth Nutrition?
Simply put, stealth nutrition incorporates healthy ingredients into foods and meals to improve the nutritional value of a dish without compromising the taste, texture, or overall appeal.
Here are some examples:
- We add vegetables to meals – such as pasta sauces, smoothies, or baked goods without altering the taste significantly. This can increase fiber, vitamins, and minerals in the meal.
- We substitute ingredients – replacing them with healthier alternatives, such as whole wheat flour instead of refined flour or replacing sour cream with yogurt.
- We enhance protein content – by incorporating protein-rich ingredients like beans, lentils, tofu, or quinoa into various dishes.
- We reduce sugar – by gradually reducing the added sugars in recipes or using natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
Stealth nutrition effectively improves diners’ dietary habits and health without feeling deprived of their favorite foods.
Stealth Nutrition for Education
We use Stealth Nutrition to promote healthier eating for our client-partners and guests while offering traditional dishes and snack foods. Recipes that incorporate whole grains, more vegetables, lower sugar, reduced sodium, and better portion control give
guest more options to maximize their physical health and well-being.
We also set up tasting tables where guests can sample items that have been “redesigned” with better nutrition in mind. Dishes include:
- Gluten-free cauliflower crust pizza
- Stir-fried entrees with a variety of vegetables and brown rice or quinoa
- Gluten-free dishes using rice flour
- Healthy beverages with fruit-infused water and other sugar-free options
- Pumpkin pie hummus
- Dessert puddings using Greek yogurt
- Bananas Foster breakfast parfait with Greek yogurt
We offer many of these dishes at our Live Well stations, where guests can choose selections low in calories, sodium, and saturated fats, along with vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan offerings.
Stealth Nutrition for Business and Industry
For corporate dining clients, our four-week menu cycle delivers plant-forward entrees in a daily rotation. Many dishes offered are plant-forward. We serve:
- Chef Fresh Combos with a half sandwich paired with a half salad
- Make It a Grain Bowl allows guests to create a healthy meal using existing salad bar toppings, house-made dressing, and whole grain items such as quinoa and brown rice.
- Flavored waters with no sugar, sodium, or carbohydrates as a health alternative to sodas
We work with our partners’ wellness teams to ensure our menu options align with their health and wellness goals. When the opportunity arises, our corporate dieticians attend company-held health fairs and wellness events.
What Guests Think
Healthy eating does not have to be boring. Our health-conscious guests tell us that they appreciate the lighter, healthier fare. When guests taste Metz Culinary cauliflower crust pizza or pumpkin pie hummus, they are often surprised that they like it. They even surprise themselves by coming back for more!