Recipe of the Month – November 2017
Craisins Breakfast Bars
INGREDIENTS & AMOUNTS:
2 oz oil, vegetable
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tsp orange peel (zest)
1 raw egg
1 cup Quaker Quick Oats, dry
1 cup cereal, Honey Toasted Oat
⅔ cup Ocean Spray Craisins
½ cup Bob’s Red Mill wheat germ
½ cup seeds, sunflower
⅓ cup sugar, brown, packed
1/4 cup flour, all purpose
1/4 tsp salt, kosher coarse
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together oil, orange juice, orange zest and egg in small bowl.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Pour in oil mixture; stir until all ingredients are moistened.
4. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan; press firmly.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown and set.
6. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan by lifting foil; remove foil. Cut into bars while still warm.
TIP: This mixture is a little sticky. To easily press into pan, spray bottom of metal measuring cup with cooking spray and press mixture with measuring cup.