Recipe of the Month – March 2018
Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies
INGREDIENTS & AMOUNTS:
3 cups brown rice, cooked
1 tbsp cornstarch
½ cup water, cold
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar, brown
¾ tsp ginger, ground
½ tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper, ground, black
1 tbsp oil, canola, divided
16 oz. beef, top sirloin steak, boneless, raw; cut into thin, short strips
16 oz. stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed (or use fresh vegetables)
Cook rice according to package directions.
1. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and seasonings until smooth.
2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until no longer pink.
3. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Using same pan, stir-fry vegetables (FROZEN OR FRESH) in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
5. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
6. Return beef to pan; heat through.