Recipe of the Month – October 2017
Tofu and Veggie Brown Rice Bowl
INGREDIENTS & AMOUNTS:
1 1/3 cup brown rice, short grain, dry
1 1/3 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
3 1/3 cup coconut water
1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2/3 cup onions, scallions
1 1/3 tbsp olive oil
18.5 oz tofu, extra firm
2/3 cup carrots, diced
2 2/3 cup coarsely chopped celery
2 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the rice, ginger and coconut water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and
the rice is cooked – about 45 to 60 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, vinegar and scallion and set aside.
3. Press dry the extra-firm tofu, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the tofu and stir-fry until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the carrot, celery, and garlic. Stir-fry until the
veggies are crisp-tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce mixture and toss the tofu and veggies until coated, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice to reheat, about 1 minute.